Overview of Korea Pavilion
Smart Korea, Infinite World presented by Korea
Mobility Vision of
Korea Pavilion"Transformation towards a hyper-connected society"
Realizing a creative lifestyle generated by new connections and future mobility that aims for transformation towards a hyper-connected society while demonstrating changes and significance that innovations in both the physical and virtual worlds will bring to the future society.
- Expressing Characteristics of Koreans Expressing the potential of Koreans characterized by unity, innate active personalities, a strong willingness for innovation and adaptability to changes
What Visitors Can Expect
"Future mobility" consisting of various programs such as experiencing a virtually-connected South Korea will be arranged to help visitors experience a virtual environment and have a chance to marvel at the endless boundaries of mobility broadened by imagination and free will.
“Smart Korea, Moving the World to You” shows Korea's strong will to lead the future to a better path. With infinitely expanding potential as reality and virtual reality are integrated, many people will get easier access to movement. There is an old oriental saying that one can see a flicker amid the silence of the solemn night. Driven by invisible active personalities, this idea shows that the world of the future will be shaped by virtual mobility.
Upholding the balance between people and environment, Korea has maintained simple and classy features, and has also been striving to make substantial progress so far. Despite limited resources, Korea is portrayed as a country that entered global markets with its technical expertise and human resources, and has played a pivotal role in the world. Upon entering the era of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, this slogan aims to represent Korea that broadens the scope of movement, and accelerates and spearheads the hyper-connected future.
Promoting South Korean brands with its industrial competitiveness and distinct cultural features
Strengthening South Korea's global competitiveness
Bolstering relations with the UAE and expanding opportunities to enter markets in the Middle East
The Korea Pavilion aims to boost the national brand by promoting Korea’s prominent industries and distinct culture. To this end, it will provide its visions and roles in the area of international cooperation by presenting South Korea's view on mobility.
- Exhibition theme “Smart Korea, Moving the World to You” represents South Korea's strong will to lead the world towards a better future. Thanks to the ease of international travel, we will enter a new era with infinite potential of expansion through the integration of reality and virtual reality.
Mass_ity is a compound noun made of two words – Mass and City. The architect interprets it in the way that a mass of people dance excitedly, and it also represents the dynamics of Korea figuratively. The façade of the Pavilion aims to show varying images and colors by the minute by connecting and rotating cubes. Visitors will be able to enjoy the exhibitions at the half-open hallway while passing-through the spiral aisles, simultaneously experiencing both the interior displays and exterior view.
- Size '4651.41㎡' building consisting of four stories and one basement, Ranked in the top 5 for the biggest pavilions
- Date 1 October 2021 - 31 March 2022
- Time 10:00-22:00
- Hosted/Organized by The Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, Korea Trade-Investment Promotion Agency(KOTRA)
- Venue Mobility Zone, District C.79, about three minutes on foot, 250m from the main square
"I invite you to a moving festival with spin cubes, rocketing you to uncharted territories"
Creative Director / MOONBALSSO
- 2018 : Grand Prix / 2020 Dubai Expo Korean Pavilion
- 2018 : World Best Architects by Archdaily
- 2018 : Grand Prix / Space & Culture Award
- 2016 : Hot list by DEZEEN
- 2007 : KIA Prize
- 2015 : Chicago Architecture Biennale
- 2014 : Venice Biennale ( Golden lion )
- 2020 : National Museum of Contemporary Art, Seoul
- 2016 : Museum of Modern Art, New York
- 2014 : Tchoban Foundation, Berlin
"We’ll showcase the ultimate K-Power (Korean Wave) to the whole world!"
- 2016: Order of Civil Merit, Magnolia Medal
- 2019 : Performance Director of Opening Ceremony, 2019 Gwangju World Aquatics Championships
- 2019 : Director of Welcoming Event in Busan, 2019 ASEAN-ROK Commemorative Summit
- 2014~2016 : General Director of Royal Culture festival
- 2015 : General Director of the Eve of 70th anniversary of Liberation
- 2009 : General Director of Opening & Closing Ceremony of Global Fair & Festival Incheon
- 2008 : Art Director of Multimedia Show in Gyeongju World Culture Expo
"We invite you all into the wondrous journey of experiencing 'Smart Korea’."
- 2019 : Communication Advisor, Ministry of SMEs and Startups
- 2018 : Hyundai Motor Studio Goyang Marketing and PR Agency General Manager
- 2017 : Hyundai Motor Studio Goyang Planning and Production General Manager
- 2015 : Hyundai Motor Studio Seoul Planning and Production General Manager
- 2014 : Kia Motors domestic and overseas promotion planning and production team leader
"We welcome you to experience Korean culture which has flourished in Dubai."
General Manager of Construction
- 2017 : Dubai ICD-Brookfield Place Site Manager
- 2015 : Malaysia St.Gegis Langkawi Hotel Site Construction Team Leader
- 2011 : Vietnam Riviera Condominium Site Construction Team Leader